Saturday 8 September 2012

It's Blog Time!

So, I have begun a blog! The best way to begin this is probably to introduce myself, so here goes.
Hi, I am Laura, and I’m 17 years old. I currently live in Hertfordshire, England, and I’m in the sixth form at school. I’m studying English Literature, History, Politics, Maths and Further Maths. I run the Astronomy Club at school, and have even taken a GCSE in the subject! I am also in a scheme called Young Enterprise, where I have helped set up a small business selling jewellery that our customers can design for themselves.
So, after years of struggling with my future, I think I’ve decided… or actually realised that I would just love to be a writer. Whenever I thought about my future before, it was all compromises, and nothing was quite right, nothing was perfect! But writing… it just is! I don’t just want to exist in this world. I want to find others, and I respect authors so much. I cannot quite comprehend how much bravery it must take to put your work out there. Presenting your soul to the world, your beliefs, yourself. I’m petrified. I don’t know how I’d cope if my books got the amount of hate that authors like Stephenie Meyer attract. How she can live with that I do not know, and I truly admire her courage. I want my books to inspire people. Not cause hate.
Hmmmm, what else to say… well if I were to describe myself, I’d say that my best qualities are that I am ambitious, thoughtful and creative. My biggest faults are that I am thin-skinned, shy and a perfectionist. The deadly sin that I am most susceptible to is jealousy, and my dream is to leave the world a more giving, thoughtful, and generally happier place than it is now.
Well, that’s my first ever post on my first ever blog written! Please come and have a natter with me, and enjoy the rest of your day!
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment